When you think of being healthy, a lot of people miss the most vital and essential element required by our bodies, which are the vitamins. Our bodies need the right amount of vitamins to be healthy. Are you taking care of your essential 13 vitamin intake which your body requires to stay healthy?
The essential vitamins required by our body to keep it running include: A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins; thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyroxidine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9) and cobalamin (B12).
The fat cutting or fat-soluble vitamins are – A, D, E, and vitamin K. These vitamins are mainly stored in the body’s fatty tissues. The rest of 9 vitamins are water soluble vitamins, and therefore must be taken on a regular basis as these are removed by your body through urination. However, an exception to this is vitamin B12 which is the only water-soluble vitamin stored by liver.
The most effective way to get a balanced intake of all 13 essential vitamins is to have a balanced diet from all different kinds of food. The list below showcases the essential role of each type of vitamins: –
- Vitamin A plays a vital role in your cell growth and its development. A daily intake of Vitamin A promotes a healthy skin, nails, gums, hair, and healthy bones and teeth; it is also helpful in prevention of night blindness and may also help you keep your lungs healthy by preventing lung cancer.
- Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium, maintains strong teeth and bones. Both vitamins A and D complement each other.
- Vitamin E helps to maintain red blood cells count and maintain muscle strength; vitamin E consumption also acts as an antioxidant and help make your skin healthy and brighter.
- Vitamin K is required for proper blood clotting. It is also helpful in maintain your hair strength and for your vision.
- Vitamin C is the most common vitamin found in all the citrus fruits, it is an important and essential vitamin for your body.
- Vitamin B1 is an important vitamin that helps maintain your body’s healthy metabolism. It helps keep digestion normal, proper nerve functioning, and healthy appetite.
- Vitamin B2 is vital for energy metabolism. It also helps promote adrenal functioning, helps maintaining a healthy fitness skin and supporting normal and healthy vision.
- Vitamin B3 also makes for an important vitamin for your body, it is used for energy metabolism, and promote normal body growth and development. If it is consumed in large doses, Vitamin B3 can also help lower your body cholesterol.
- Vitamin B5 is one of the vitamins that is very easily accessible and is also an important vitamin that your body requires for healthy functioning.
- Vitamin B6 is another vital vitamin good your good health. It plays an important role in proper functioning of nerves and in synthesising red blood cells.
- Vitamin B7 popularly known in the market as biotin, is also an important vitamin that help your body maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- Vitamin B9 is highly important for women going through pregnancy. Our body requires Vitamin B9 to make RNA, red blood cells, DNA, and in synthesising certain amino acids in our body. For pregnant women, it is an important vitamin as it helps prevent birth defects.
- Vitamin B12 is also essential vitamin that is required to make red blood cells, RNA, DNA, and myelin for nerve fibres. All animal products contain Vitamin B12.
This is a guest post.