You can use the Sole B94 upright bike in the comfort of your own home. If you are like me, sometimes I prefer to exercise at home rather than at the gym. That is why I want to introduce you to this bike. It comes with the usual features plus some very useful extras, putting this bike on top of the competition. The B94 has the standard 10 workout programs, 9-inch (23 cm) LCD display, built-in speakers, and water bottle holder. It also has an MP3 compatible music dock and cooling fan.
Sole designed the B94 as a stationary bike that will fit in most homes. It has an ergonomic design that includes adjustable seats and oversized pedals. The bike is equipped with a 20-level resistance system. One feature that separates the B94 from its competitors is the heart monitoring program. You could also create two workouts and install them in this stationary bike.
Sole B94 Overview
The B94 is just perfect for those who want to do stationary bike workouts in their home. It’s compact enough and won’t take up much space. In spite of all this, the bike is still portable enough and has an extra feature not found in many exercise bikes out there. You probably know by now about its heart rate monitor system. You can check the positive effects of the exercise by checking your heart rate.
The B94 has a tough frame and adjustable features to fit most users. The gel seat is adjustable enough to accommodate whatever your height is. The bike’s maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds or 136 kilograms means it could accommodate a wide range of users. The pedals have been oversized by at least two degrees to make it easier to pedal. You could also set the toughness of your workout by adjusting the bike’s level of resistance.
Features of the Sole B94 Exercise Bike
The oversized pedal of the B94 is very beneficial for the user. The two-degree inward slant is designed to prevent knee and foot aches. As you pedal the machine, correct posture is maintained by keeping the joints aligned. There’s no need for injuries while doing workouts.
Workouts can get tedious and boring sometimes. Fortunately, the B94 has options that can prevent that from happening. Its LCD display can help you stay focused on your current progress. Those who want to listen to music with their iPods will like this stationary bike. It has an iPod dock that can play MP3 compatible music from its built-in speakers.
If you are thirsty, simply take out the water bottle from the bike’s built-in holder. There’s no need to stop your workout since all the things you need are within reach. If the six exercise programs are not enough, you can create two new workouts.
The led display measures 9 inches or 23 cm which makes it big enough to be easily readable. For those who are new to stationary bikes such as the B94, it displays a number of interesting information. The data includes:
The Program profile you are using
- Level of resistance (1-20)
- Amount of calories burned
- The time you are spending on the B94
- The distance you have traveled
- The Revolutions per Minute (RPM)
- Your heart pulse/rate
- The speed you have set on the machine
- Watts – It’s a unit of measurement that compares mechanical efficiency against human efficiency
- MET’s – Stands for Metabolic Equivalent and tells the user how intense the workout is. The MET is computed by the oxygen consumed and the calories that you burn while resting.
The 10 Workout Programs
The workout programs include 2 spare slots that you can customise. There are also two heart rate workouts that you can monitor via the handlebars or chest strap. The six remaining workouts include Hill climbing, Fat burning, Cardio, Strength, Interval, and Fitness test.
The Heart Rate Monitor
One feature that truly sets the B94 apart from others of the same category is the heart rate monitor. This feature alone is enough to put the B94 as among the top choices in stationary bikes for the home. As you conduct your workout, your heart rate is monitored via the handlebars or the chest strap device. Sure, there are others out there with more accessories but not at the price range of the B94.
The B94 is ideal for home use since it is compact and portable. It’s not as heavy as the other stationary bikes you can find at the gym. You don’t have to carry it yourself since it has wheels for easy transport. It’s not foldable but it comes with a tray if you want to keep in storage.
The flywheel system weighs 26 lbs. or 12 kg. but it’s lighter than many stationary bikes of the same category. It is also equipped with 20 levels of resistance which is a few levels short than many similar models. Fortunately, the B94 comes with a chest strap for monitoring heart rate. This accessory is enough to offset the missing resistance levels and flywheel weight. For those who want more, they can consider getting the commercial model instead.
The B94 is compact but it’s still heavier than its counterparts. Fortunately, the wheel accessories will spare you from much lifting. Sole also thought it wise to keep you cool and comfortable during the workout. The centralised cooling system is tucked directly on the computer console.
Warranty and Return Policy
The Sole B94 stationary bike comes with warranty and guarantees. First, the frame has lifetime warranty while parts are free for the first three years after buying it. On the other hand, labour costs are free for the first year only. You can try out the B94 for 30 days. If you are not satisfied, simply return. But make sure that the vendor will honor this trial period.
It’s normal for exercise machines like the Sole B94 to require some assembly. You don’t have to worry about the major parts since they are intact. All you have to assemble are the small parts or accessories. There’s a user’s manual included and it should take you about an hour maybe more, to assemble it yourself. The stationary bike also comes with the necessary tools for assembling it.
If this is available at your local store, you will have no problem bringing it in your home. Otherwise, expect to pay more for the delivery cost. Some vendors or online platforms can send the upright bike to you for free. It’s up to you how you want to have the B94 sent to your house.
B94 Technical Specs
- Stationary Bike Size (LxWxH): 44 x 23 x 55 inches or 112 x 58 x 140 cm
- Flywheel Drive System: 26 lbs. or 12 kg.
- Pedals – Oversized 2-degree inversion type
- Bike Net Weight: 123 lbs. or 56 kg.
- Bike Maximum Weight Capacity: 300 lbs. or 136 kg
- Water Bottle Holder
- 10 Workout Programs: 6 Standard, 2 for Heart Rate workouts, and 2 Customized workouts
- Handlebar pulse grip for monitoring heart rate
- Chest Strap for heart monitoring
- Built-in Cooling Fans
- LCD Display: 9 inches or 23 cm
- iPod dock
- Built-in speakers
Pros and Cons
- The Sole B94 is designed for residential use.
- It has an ergonomic design that can accommodate many kinds of users.
- You can adjust and set the bike to 20 levels of resistance.
- You can customize a maximum of two workouts into the bike.
- The bike can monitor heart rate.
- The iPad dock and built-in speakers allow you to play music while doing the workouts.
- It has a convenient location for your water bottle.
- It has an LCD display big enough to see the readout.
- The 10 workout programs are probably not enough for some people.
- It does not work with the iFit Live.
- The stationary bike is compact but it’s not foldable.
- The bike’s computer only performs the basic functions which can prove disappointing if you prefer a fancier one.
- It can’t connect to the internet.
- There is also no app available for tracking your performance on the bike.
Final words on the Sole B94 Exercise Bike
I have to agree that the Sole B94 is one of the best stationary bikes available at the Australian market for its price. Its standard and additional features make this model a great investment. There are many models out there but they will cost you more. If you are looking for a great value, you can hardly go wrong with the Sole B94.