Discount and sales fanatics, rejoice. Amazon has finally confirmed that the annual Amazon Prime Day 2021 is happening sometime this month or in June! While we still have to wait for exact schedules, there’s no harm in starting the countdown early and staying up to date. Here’s what we know so far.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Details
Brian Olsavsky did confirm last 29 April that Amazon Prime Day 2021 is likely to push through on the second quarter. The giant retailer’s quarterly earnings report further affirm this. Though dates are subject to change, getting this great news from the Amazon CFO means the multi-day sales event is indeed coming.
Amazon Prime Day regulars might be wondering why this year’s event is a month early. A CNET article explained that Amazon preferred a date that will appeal to more customers and vendors. Olsavsky further added that an earlier date is best to give way to the Olympics and potential transportation slowdowns this July.
I have no problems getting those discounts and deals early for sure! But just so you won’t miss out on anything, make sure to ask Alexa to keep you posted.
Exciting Deals to Expect
It’s still too early to make a list of expected deals. But, as it is an Amazon sales event, we are likely to see markdowns on the retail giant’s range of products and services. So, if you’ve been eyeing those Echo smart speakers, Kindle e-book readers or Fire TV sets, then better reserve these items for Prime Day!
Consumer tech products like laptops, smartwatches and wireless headphones are also among the most significant profit makers of the event. Big brands participating in the event, including Apple, Samsung, Bose and Phillips, will surely make your bargain hunting even more rewarding.
Of course, we can also look forward to Amazon’s Deals of the Day and deals from the Global Store. Amazon also gave us a sneak peek of what to expect for the upcoming Lightning Deals. The retailer previously encouraged sellers to create deals that match or beat the lowest price of the year. This exciting twist means we can expect even better savings! The event is still several weeks away, though. In the meantime, you can start your shopping early with today’s best Amazon Australia deals.
Be an Amazon Prime Member Now
Before you start making your wish list, though, make sure you’re an Amazon Prime member. You can opt for a monthly or annual subscription. On top of having Amazon Prime Day 2021 access, members get to enjoy these exclusive perks:
- Fast and free domestic delivery. Shop for Prime eligible domestic items and get them in two business days, without minimum purchase required.
- Free international standard delivery. Order items over $49 at Amazon international stores and have them delivered for free.
- Exclusive and early access to select deals. Gain 30-minute early access on Prime-eligible lightning deals as well as exclusive access to certain sales events.
- Great movies and music. Binge-watch on Amazon Originals through Prime Video or sing along with over 2 million ad-free songs from Amazon Music.
- Free e-books and games. Access Prime Reading for a rotating selection of novels, comics, cookbooks, magazines and more. Also, enjoy Prime Gaming with its monthly selection of games you can keep forever.
Not yet a member? Sign up here and get a free 30-day trial!