The much-awaited annual sales event is almost here. Amazon Prime Day 2022 in Australia starts this 12 July!
It will begin at 12 AM AEST until 11:59 PM AEST on 13 July. UK and US deals will also be available through the Amazon Global Store until 5 PM AEST on 14 July.
Have you signed up for an Amazon Prime membership yet? Make sure you do so you can access exclusive deals and lots of benefits.
Now, if you are a first-time Prime Day shopper, you might be wondering what to look forward to during this event. Or maybe you need some helpful shopping tips.
Read on these highlights from last year plus an FAQ section to learn more.
Highlights of Amazon Prime Day 2021 in Australia
- Members made lots of savings. More Prime members shopped on Prime Day 2021, resulting in millions of savings.
- Prime members stocked up on everyday products. Best-sellers include Quilton toilet tissue, Coca-Cola multipacks, Cocabella coconut water and Pepsi multipacks.
- Electronics, video games, home, and beauty were the best-selling categories. Some of the best Amazon deals were Echo Dot with Alexa, Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote, and Kindle Paperwhite. Big-brand items like Bosch and Dremel tools, Philips Hue smart lighting, and Yamaha speakers and HiFi systems were also popular.
- Prime Day 2021 marked the two biggest days ever for small Australian businesses. Zenify, Orbikey Australia and Little Archer & Co. were some of the best-performing retailers.
FAQs on Amazon Prime Day 2022
What is Amazon Prime Day?
American retailer Amazon initiated Prime Day in the United States in 2015 to celebrate its 20th anniversary.
Since it started, 18 countries, including Australia, have joined the shopping fun. Our first Amazon Prime Day was in 2018.
During Prime Day, several Amazon products, also items from other brands and third-party sellers, are on sale.
Sellers would reserve their best deals for the event to make the most of the extra online traffic.
So, we’re expecting a deals bonanza for electronics, appliances, games and toys, groceries and more.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022 in Australia?
Amazon Prime Day 2022 Australia begins on 12 July at 12 AM AEST and ends on 13 July at 11:59 PM AEST.
Aussie Prime members can also shop for US and UK deals through the Amazon Global Store until 5 PM AEST on 14 July.
Since 21 June, Prime members have also been scoring early Prime Day deals from Kindle Unlimited, Audible and Prime Video.
Are Amazon Prime Day deals competitive?
On Prime Day, expect products to be at their lowest prices, besting even some of Black Friday’s items.
Other product categories joining the sale race include beauty, home and kitchen items.
Consumer tech products, in particular, typically have the best prices during the event. Amazon’s products are also among the most sought-after.
It’s highly likely to get great discounts from big brands, too.
The best thing is that Amazon Prime Day usually creates a domino effect among other Aussie retailers.
With shoppers going all-out on their shopping, merchants outside Amazon will likely take advantage and scramble to price-match.
So, make sure to check on what the competitors have to offer to score even more deals!
What are some Amazon Prime Day 2022 shopping tips?
1. Sign up for an Amazon Prime membership
Shopping for Prime Day is a members-only privilege, so sign up before the event. Aside from Prime Day access, you also get all sorts of benefits.
If you’re not yet a member, sign up now and get a free 30-day trial!
2. Download the Amazon app
With this app on your phone, you can organise all the deals you’re interested in and get notified in time for when they go live.
To do this, go to the Deals section of the app, then click Watch this Deal to get instant alerts.
Amazon sends shopping tips and tricks from time to time, too, to enhance your Prime Day experience.
3. Start creating your wish list
With so many items on sale that day, a wish list should give you the edge for those limited offers.
Plus, with the Amazon app notifications, you’ll get instant alerts if an item on your list goes on sale.
4. Watch out for Prime Day’s lightning deals
The lighting deals have the best offers of all Prime Day deals. But be warned.
These limited-stock and limited-time items often run out in minutes to a few hours!
5. Shop around and read reviews
Don’t forget the bargain hunter’s cardinal rule: compare prices and check what other retailers have to offer.
Double-check product descriptions and do a quick online search to see if the deal is worth it.
Reading what other customers have to say about the product helps, too.
Lastly, be sure to visit our website for hand-picked deals updated daily!
- How to Work the Arms on Stationary Bikes (5 Ways) - 5 January 2024
- Should You Use a Treadmill Before or After Weight Training? - 4 January 2024
- 10 Low-Carb Rice Alternatives That Aid In Weight Loss - 13 December 2023