Indoor rowing machines in gyms used to be less popular than the treadmill, stationary bike, and weights. But after its benefits are revealed, men and women flock to the gym just to get a chance to row several rounds. Rowing is in fact, an excellent core exercise and it is helpful in toning the muscles in the glutes, legs, thighs, shoulders, and upper arms. But if you are a woman, this exercise cannot give you a feminine appearance. Here are some truths that will put your mind at rest if you happen to love stationary rowing.
- As long as you maintain a diet that is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, you can row as much as you want without worrying about becoming bulky. There are two reasons why you feel like you are a dead weight. One is you must have lots of stored fats in your body and two is that you have gained some muscles. Even if you think you have lots of mass if most of them are muscles, you will look smaller than when your weight is caused by the fats in your body. Watching your diet is a sure way of preventing yourself from looking like a professional bodybuilder.
- To acquire those rippling muscles that make a woman look unfeminine, bodybuilders need to perform routines with an effort that can damage their muscles such as lifting too heavy weights or maybe setting the highest resistance level when rowing. Once the torn muscles heal, they become harder and bigger. If you are fond indoor rowing, using normal resistance level will not make your body have those muscles that look like braided rope.
- Another great contributor to developing a hulking body is the hormones in the body. Males have testosterone, a hormone that is responsible for the growth of muscles. Women have estrogen, the hormone that causes women to develop breasts and curves in their body. Women bodybuilders have to beat nature by injecting steroids that imitate testosterone. This causes their muscles to grow and their bodies to become big. Then, they begin to look like men rather than women. As long as you have normal estrogen level, you will never be able to acquire the massive physique that female weightlifters have. Men and women who possess a lot of bulk must eat a lot to replace the calories that they spend while working out. If you are a woman who watches her diet, rowing or weightlifting will not affect your body. You consume just enough calories to replace the ones that you have burnt and so you are able to maintain your healthy weight.
- Women displaying firm and well-toned muscles have become trending and most men consider them more attractive than those with the slender and soft figure. Having strong legs and thighs and a flat stomach with abs has become a fad, so you should not fear if you appear to be a little bit muscular. You can easily find female celebrities with a body that shows off firm and toned muscles underneath.
- Women respond differently to certain forms of exercise. Rowing, for example, has different effects on different individuals. One woman might become muscular while another would remain as slender as she was before she started rowing. It has been observed that lean and tall women do not easily form muscles while those with an athletic build and with little fat tend to become muscular. So you will only know if rowing can make your muscles grow bigger until it they ripple and look like small hills in your body.
- If you cannot spend your days and nights just training, then it is far from possible that you become bulky. Bodybuilders have to work out whole days and some parts of the night. This has become their profession. If you are a woman engaged in other professions, you do not have the time needed to nurture and grow your muscles. This means even if you row every day, you cannot attain a body builder’s body.
There is no reason for you to stop using the indoor rowing machine if you believe that it has benefited you. With this exercise equipment, you will not be using several exercise machine every day. Compared to a store, the rowing machine is a one-stop-shop for women who want to remain in top-shape at all times.